Ask yourself these questions and discuss them with your family. It may seem like a lot to organise, but keep in mind we are here to help you.
- Will there be a burial, cremation or entombment?
- Will the funeral ceremony take place at Rankins chapel, a church, graveside or crematorium chapel?
- Who will lead the funeral? Clergy or Celebrant
- What coffin or casket is most appropriate? This is a very individual choice and Rankins has a very large selection from which to choose.
- Which sort of music will be there?
Songs of your choice can be played on a CD or Rankins can organise an organist, violinist, bagpiper or musician of your choice.
Will there be viewings, cultural prayers, Rosary or private goodbyes?
- Will there be a eulogy and/or readings?
Will they be read by a clergy, celebrant, family or friend?
- Do you require mourning stationery? Prayer cards?
- Will there be donations to charity in lieu of flowers?
- Will pallbearers be the Rankins team or family members and/or friends?
- Where will refreshments take place?
Rankins is happy to provide catering in our home or yours.